- Equest Plus Tape now also controls tapeworm in addition to all the other major gastrointestinal worms and bots in horses.
- Tapeworm in the horse is an important cause of colic and its control is critical to any worming program.
- Equest Plus Tape is the only horse wormer that is long acting: re-treatment is recommended after 14-16 weeks, compared to after 6-8 weeks with other wormers.
- This means fewer treatments per year and twice the time that pastures are left free of worm eggs.
- Equest Plus Tape is also the only horse wormer to have a registered claim to control encysted small strongyles in a single dose.
- Small strongyle worms hibernate or "encyst" in the lining of the horse's gut and can caused colic.
- While other horse wormers kill the small strongyle worms that are in the gut itself, Equest Plus Tape is the only wormer with a registered claim to also kill the encysted forms.
- Equest Plus Tape contains moxidectin and praziquantel, sufficient to treat a horse of 575 kg.
- Controls tapeworm and gastrointestinal roundworms including adult and encysted stages and benzimidazole resistant strains of small strongyles.
- Long acting: re-treatment is recommended after 14-16 weeks resulting in fewer treatments per year and longer periods where pastures are left free of worm eggs.
- Unique gel formulation that dissolves rapidly on the tongue, aiding compliance. A dial-up syringe is designed with a narrow barrel to allow easy access into the side of the horseƒ??s mouth and deliver the right dose every time.
Recommendations For Use
- Equest Plus Tape is palatable and effective for the treatment and control of: Tapeworm: Anoplocephala perfoliata and Paranoplocephala mamillana.Large Strongyles: Strongylus vulgaris (adults, L3 and L4 arterial stages), Strongylus edentatus (adults and L4 visceral larval stages), Strongylus equinus (adults),Tridontophorus spp. (adults) including T. brevicauda, T. serratus and T. tenuicollis, Craterostomum acuticaudatum (adults).
Small Strongyles (adults): Cyathostomum spp. including C. catinatum and C. pateratum, Cylicostephanus spp. including C. calicatus, C. goldi, C. longibursatus and C. minutus, Cylicocyclusspp. including C. brevicapsulatus, C. elongatus, C. insigne, C. leptostomum, C. nassatus, C. radiatus, C. ashworthi and C. ultrajectinus, Cylicodontophorus bicoronatus, Coronocyclus spp. including C. coronatus, C. labiatus and C. labratus, Gyalocephalus capitatus, Parapoteriostomum mettami, Peterovinema poculatus, Poteriostomum imparidentatum, as well as benzimidazole resistant strains.
- Low dose volume.
- Equest Plus Tape long acting horse wormer and boticide gel is the only horse wormer effective as a single dose against encysted stages of small strongyles: developing stages (DL), late encysted stages (LL3/EL4), and aids in control of early encysted stages (EL3) including inhibited larvae (greater than 90% effective).
Pinworms: Oxyurus equi (adults and L3/L4 larval stages).
Ascarids: Parascaris equorum (adults and intestinal stages (L4)).
Hairworms: Trichostrongylus axei (adults).
Intestinal Threadworms: Strongyloides westeri.
Large Mouthed Stomach Worms: Habronema spp. (gastric and cutaneous (summer sore) forms).
Stomach Bots: Gasterophilus intestinalis (2 & 3 stage larvae), Gasterophilus nasalis (2 & 3 stage larvae).
Cutaneous Onchocerciasis: Onchocerca spp. (microfiliariae).
||Horse Supplies Direct
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other My Horse Supplies Direct users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review