- Valumec Green Tube is a broad-spectrum wormer for horses.
- Valumec paste is a horse wormer in a distinctive green tube, & is a good value, generic brand wormer.
- Valumec paste contains Abamectin, and treats most common horse parasites (including bots), but does not treat Tapeworm.
- Valumec Green Tube is highly effective against
- large strongyles (bloodworm),
- small strongyles (red worm),
- ascarids (roundworms),
- stomach worms,
- intestinal threadworms,
- neck threadworms,
- lungworms and
- A reduction in the prevalence of associated colic could be expected. It is also effective for the control of skin lesions caused by Habronema and Draschia spp. cutaneous larvae (summer sores) and Onchocerca spp, microfilariae (cutaneous onchocerciasis).
Treats 600kg bodyweight.
Dosage: 6-8 weeks.
- ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Abamectin 3.7mg/g
- DESCRIPTION: Valumec Green Tube is a highly effective broad spectrum all wormer paste for the treatment and control of gastrointestinal, cutaneous and pulmonary nematodes and bots in horses of all ages. Regular treatment will reduce the chances of verminous arteritis and colic caused by strongylus vulgaris.
- Valumec Green Tube contains abamectin, which is effective against a vast range of internal parasites found in horses in Australia. Abamectin kills up to 100% of bots and other worms (including benzimidazole resistant strains).
- Valumec Green Tube controls and treats the following susceptible parasites: Small Strongyles Including (adult and immature) benzimidazole resistant strains of: Cyathostomum spp. Cylicocyclus spp. Cylicostephanus spp. Cylicodontophorus spp. Gyalocephalus spp. Large Strongyles Strongylus vulgaris (adults and arterial larval stages) Strongylus edentatus (adults and tissue stages) Strongylus equinus (adults) Triodontophorus spp. (adults) Pinworms Oxyuris equi (adult and immature) Bots Gasterophilus spp. (oral and gastric stages) Lungworms Dictyocaulus arnfieldi (adult and immature) Ascarids Parascaris equorum (adult and immature) Neck Threadworms Onchocerca spp. (microfilariae)* Intestinal Threadworms Strongyloides westeri (adults) Hairworms Trichostrongylus axei (adult) Large Mouth Stomach Worms Habronema muscae (adult) * These parasites have not been recorded in New Zealand. Valumec Green Tube is also an effective control of skin lesions caused by Habronema and Draschia spp cutaneous larvae (summer sores) and microfilariae of Onchocerca spp (cutaneous onchocerciasis). Valumec Green Tube does not control or treat tapeworm.
- PACK SIZE: One tube of Valumec Green Tube contains 32.4g of paste and is available in the following presentations:
- ‹?ú Individual tube/syringe
- ‹?ú Display outer of 20 tubes
- ‹?ú Stud Bucket of 50 tubes (Green Bucket)
- DOSAGE: Dose orally at the recommended rate of 1mL per 20kg bodyweight (0.2mg/kg abamectin). Each marking on the syringe plunger will deliver sufficient paste (5mL/5.4g) to treat 100kg bodyweight. One syringe of Valumec Green Tube will treat a 600kg horse.
- DIRECTIONS FOR USE: Valumec Green Tube can be administered directly in the mouth or mixed in with the horses feed.
- To give the correct amount of paste, turn the ring on the plunger on the syringe to the appropriate bodyweight setting. Each weight marking on the syringe plunger will deliver sufficient paste to treat 100kg bodyweight.
- Administration by mouth: Turn the ring on the plunger to the appropriate bodyweight setting. Insert the syringe into the side of the horseƒ??s mouth, in the gap between the front and back teeth. Advance the plunger as far as it will go, depositing the paste on the rear of the tongue. Immediately raise the horseƒ??s head for a few seconds to ensure the full dose has been swallowed. If there is any paste remaining, replace the cap on the syringe and store at room temperature until needed again. For hygiene concerns, it is not advisable to use the same syringe of different horses.
- FREQUENCY OF USE: All horses, and particularly mares, foals and yearlings should be included in a regular parasite control program. Because re-infection is common, treatment must be repeated routinely for effective control.
- Treatment should be repeated every 6-8 weeks for continual worm control.
- Pregnant Mares / Foals It is recommended to treat pregnant mares four weeks prior to foaling with Valumec Green Tube. The first treatment for a foal should be at 6 to 8 weeks of age. Consult your veterinarian for a control program to meet your specific needs.
- PRECAUTIONS: It is not recommended to use Valumec Green Tube in foals under 6 weeks of age.
- PALATABILITY: Valumec Green Tube is a palatable, oatmeal flavoured paste which minimises the likelihood of rejection by the horse on dosing.
- SPECIAL FEATURES: Valumec Green Tube kills up to 100% of already listed worms (including benzimidazole resistant strains). Valumec Green Tube has a wide safety margin, and is safe to use in foals, yearlings, stallions and pregnant mares, provided these animals are handled with proper care. Valumec Green Tube is safe to use in all horses including: Foals: up to twice the recommended dose Pregnant mares: up to twice the recommended dose Breeding stallions: up to twice the recommended dose Adult horses: up to five times the recommended dose Valumec Green Tube contains Abamectin. Abamectin is a highly effective broad spectrum wormer with activity against gastrointestinal, pulmonary and cutaneous nematodes, bots and external parasites. Abamectin has good activity against both mature and immature stages of the nematodes. In the horse, this is particularly beneficial, as regular treatment will reduce the likelihood of verminous arteritis and colic associated with Strongylus vulgaris.
- In addition to regular parasite control, a rotational worming program (switching of active ingredient classes) should be in place to avoid worm resistance. Valumec Green Tube is part of the Value Plus Coloured Tube Wormer range, which are easily identifiable by their colour coding (ValuMAX Red Tube / Valumec Green Tube / Equinox Orange Tube / Expel Yellow Tube) and offer a complete solution for a rotational worming program. For further information on rotational worming, please contact Value Plus for a copy of the Value Plus ƒ??Take a Closer Lookƒ?? equine worming booklet. Valumec Green Tube is Australian owned and made.
- WITHHOLDING PERIOD: Meat - 28 days
- FIRST AID: If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre. Phone Australia 13 11 26. If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly. STORAGE: Store below 30¶øC (room temperature). Protect from light.
- DISPOSAL: Dispose of empty syringe by wrapping in paper and putting in garbage.
- PROTECTION OF WILDLIFE, FISH, CRUSTACEANS AND THE ENVIRONMENT: Abamectin is extremely toxic to aquatic species. Do not contaminate dams, rivers, streams with product or used container.
|Brand||Horse Supplies Direct|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other My Horse Supplies Direct users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.